Maintaining The Ductwork In Your Commercial Building
When you own a commercial building in Delaware County, keeping your HVAC system in working order is essential to its energy efficiency and effectiveness, and part of this maintenance involves the upkeep of your building’s ductwork. Hiring an experienced commercial HVAC company for ventilation and ductwork services occasionally will produce cost savings in the long run because your need for repairs and replacements will decrease.
6 Problems That May Be Harming Your Ductwork
- Insufficient Insulation – Air ducts must be insulated properly to remain effective. Check for interior insulation by tapping on the metal air duct, and if it sounds hollow, you should install insulation inside the air duct. If the insulation becomes loose, you can attach it to the air duct with foil tape, and if it becomes stained, you should remove and replace the dirty insulation and seal the ductwork.
- Dirty Ductwork – Scheduling ductwork cleaning services from a trusted HVAC company is recommended by many HVAC technicians.
- Sagging Flexible Air Ducts – Typically, air ducts in the attics and crawlspaces of buildings are flexible, and as air flows through them, they sway slightly. These flexible air ducts can begin to sag and form kinks because of the continuous movement, so you should ensure that your ductwork is secure. Air ducts that aren’t secure may tear or experience damage from pests or water.
- Poor Air Quality – Air pollutants such as allergens, mold, and bacteria can collect in ductwork, but you can have your HVAC company install UV lights in your HVAC system to improve the indoor air quality in your building.
- Obstructed Vents – Air circulation can become hindered if the vents and return vents in your ductwork are blocked by furnishings and fixtures. Additionally, this complication can burn out your HVAC fan motor.
- Air Duct Leaks – Buildings can lose 30% of their cool air as a result of leaking in ductwork. Business owners can place duct mastic on the joints and seams of ductwork to seal air leaks.
Contact Our Experienced HVAC Technicians
If you’re looking for a trusted HVAC company that serves business owners in the Delaware County area, schedule commercial ventilation and ductwork services with Aire Pro Commercial Services. Our HVAC experts can examine your commercial building’s ductwork, detect damage and defects, and seal air leaks. Generally, business owners are encouraged to have their air ducts inspected twice a year.