Top Tips For Clean Indoor Air
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has reported that Indoor air can contain up to 5 times as much pollution as outdoor air. Allergies and asthma are on the rise so cleaning indoor air in your home and work place is more important than ever as this can greatly reduce symptoms according to Dr. John Winder, an allergist for the Nationwide Asthma Screening Program of the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology.
These Are Some Clean Indoor Air Top Tips
- When you dust your house with a cloth you a often spreading dust around. You vacuum based tools to dust with instead. Make sure you don’t avoid difficult to reach areas like space under beds, drapes and moldings.
- A great tip for dusting small objects is to cover the nozzle of your vacuum cleaner with a pair of tights or fine cloth. Put the vacuum on a low suction level and run the small objects over the front of the vacuum nozzle. This sucks all the dust off without the object disappearing in to the vacuum! Note: Be sure to use a scrap material to cover the vacuum nozzle as it can get ruined in the process.
- Wrap pillows and mattresses in allergen-protective covers and regularly vacuum them.
- When you wash your linens make sure the water is hot (130 degrees or above) to ensure dust mites and their eggs are killed off properly.
- Deep clean your carpets & floor surfaces once every season at least.
- To really thoroughly achieve clean indoor air get an air purifier to remove all the airborne pollutants.
- Clean indoor air is also about humidity.. maintain a cool & dry home. Keep humidity to 50% or less. You can use a humidifier to aid in this but make sure you frequently empty the unit to prevent the growth of mold in the tank.
- Try to avoid letting your pets sleep in the bedrooms.
- Keep stuffed animals and busy shelves to a minimum as these are real dust-catcher locations. If you have lots of stuffed toys vacuum them frequently.. but carefully of course!!Follow this great advice and you will have super clean indoor air in no time.